Tuesday, December 9, 2008
IT'S A...
BOY! James Donald Milewski entered into our world on Tuesday, December 9, 2008 at 9:18 a.m. weighing in at 5 lbs 11 oz and 17.5 inches long. He has lots of dark hair just like big brother. I woke up at 3:00 a.m. to go to the bathroom and shortly after realized that my water broke. Actually, I wasn't quite sure so I wandered around for a bit. Once I was sure, it was time to wake John up. He jumped in the shower while I called the doctor. Since I wasn't having any contractions, I decided to take a shower as well. Shortly afterwards, we called Wes and Di to come stay with John-John and we left for the hospital about 4:30 a.m. We arrived at the hospital shortly after 5 a.m. My contractions were now 5-6 minutes apart. Once I got changed and hooked up to the monitors, then my water REALLY broke. Gushed is more like it. Since I was still feeling good we got to walk for about a 1/2 hour. We were eventually moved to our labor and delivery room and my contractions got much stronger and closer together. By now it was about 7 a.m. By 8 a.m., I was dilated between 5 and 6 and getting quite uncomfortable. From then on out things get a bit fuzzy. Around 8:45 a.m I was dilated to between 7 and 8. By 9 a.m., it was time to push. Fifteen minutes and 4-5 pushes, and James entered the world. Although this labor and delivery was longer than John-John, it was still very short in the overall scheme of things. He scored an 8/9 on his Apgar. Things got a little tricky during the 3 stage of delivery, but in the end all turned out well and the camera started flashing. It has been a wonderful day of bonding with our new addition. Because he is so small, he is working hard to stay warm and keep his blood sugar up. The nurses are taking great care of him. Big brother stopped by later in the evening to give Baby James kisses, and hug on mommy and daddy. He is going to be a great brother!!!!!!
Thank you to all of you who have sent prayers and best wishes. We'll keep you posted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
Congratulations, again, John, Julie, & big brother John-John! What a joy and blessing! We just can't wait to meet James!
Love you all, The Rices
The family says Congratulations! Brandon and I can't wait to see him! John-John is going to be great as big brother.
I can't wait until I get home from Farmington Hills. I miss you guys and can't wait to hold my new nephew. Love, Aunt Carrie
AAAHHHH! He's gorgeous!!! :) CONGRATS! Can't wait to meet the little guy! :)
Hi Julie and John!
Congratulations! I checked your blog just to see what the status was and I was so excited to find your announcement! What a beautiful arrival for a very blessed family. =)
Congratulations you guys. You all look wonderful, I can't wait to get to MI and see you all.
Love,
Jackie
Congratulations!!! James is just beautiful. Can't wait to meet him. Carrie called and told us the great news. See you Saturday.
Congratulations! So happy to hear you are all resting and doing well. Babies are such a blessing! Enjoy! Julie Klumpp
Congratulations Milewski's! Hope your new little one brings continued happiness for all of you.
He's precious! Auntie Carrie sent me the CUTEST picture of him with a little Christmas hat on. Congratulations!
Hopefully I'll see you Saturday : )
Congratuations Milewski family! I can hardly wait to hold this little guy!!! XO
Michele
Post a Comment