It was a splendid Halloween in 2008. It started by not having school this year. It was parent/teacher conferences this past week and we always get the Friday after off. It just so happened that it was on Halloween this year. John-John and I started the day at a friends house for a play date. The weather was beautiful so the kids got to spend their time running around outside. Prime activity for long afternoon naps:)
Next, while JJ had is nap, I went for a much needed massage. I discovered I can lay on my stomach if I use my Boppy pillow. What a lovely feeling.
After nap, it was off to another friend's house for the annual pre-trick or treat hotdog party. As soon as the siren sounds, the kids spread to the four winds to collect their treats. We headed back to our house to hand out candy. This is always a big event for us. We have eye-ball lights in the shrubs and scary music on the iPOD. Since we have such a deep front porch, we bring out chairs and a table and camp-out and hand out candy. My sister Carrie comes over every year to help us. He fiance Jim also came as well as Di and Wes. This year we set a record and handed out candy to 384 trick-or-treaters. WAHOO! John had to run to the store to get more.
Note - John-John does not like candy. Yep, you heard me correctly. Trust me I have tried. So we took him to our neighbor's house and Chuck and Mary had an apple for him. He was as happy as a kid with a pillow case full of candy. I sure wish I didn't like candy:)
After cleaning up, it was bedtime for all involved. What a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment