Friday, November 21, 2008
Trial Run
You would think that having had a child already I would know if I was in labor. Not so. Yesterday afternoon I developed terrible abdominal cramps similar to ones that I had had the night before. I contributed both to eating too much. We had gone out to dinner with friends Wednesday night and I was so hungry by the time dinner came I ate a lot in a short amount of time. The pain I was feeling was high up in my abdomen. I contributed it to unlady-like indigestion. However, the same thing occurred yesterday. This time I figured it was because I had sat at my desk too long and had a disagreeable lunch. By the time I got home from work, the pain as so bad I was on my hands and knees in tears. We decided to play it safe and head to the hospital. Di and Wes made it to our house in 5 minutes and we were out the door. Turns out, I was having contractions. So much for knowing what to look for:( Once they got me on the monitor, we could see the contractions as they occurred. It was very reassuring to listen to the baby's heart beat which was very strong. However, a couple times it dipped down into to the 60 bpm range so they did an ultrasound to see that I had enough amniotic fluid. All looked great. The funny thing was that last night was the most active I have ever felt this baby. He or she was having a grand ole' time. Anyway, the doctor decided he wanted the baby to stay in a little while longer so they gave me something to stop the contractions. The drug made be feel as if I had just downed a 2L of Coke. The first round of meds didn't stop the contractions so they gave me another shot and an oral dosage. At this point, the doctor decided it was best if I stay over night for observations. Luckily we had grabbed my suitcase and book so I had all the essentials. The baby had a great night and the contractions finally stopped for good. I was sent home late morning to rest until next time:) I could go again next week or the end of December. Only God knows. As for the trial run, the only thing I forgot was my pillow and shoes to wear home. I had worn my work clothes in and was still wearing heals. Ooops!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks Brian. That is one spelling error I had to go back and fix. Ewwww!
So the waiting continues...
Post a Comment