Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Turning the World on its Head


It is that time of year. The smell of a new box of crayons, the sound of squeaky new shoes on freshly waxed floors, and the buzz of children and adults relaying stories of their summer. Yep, the school year has started once again. I have to admit that I love that my adult life still revolves around a school schedule. Granted, I did have to work this summer, but only by choice. By all contractual rights I am still a teacher even though I don't actually teach students anymore. I really miss the classroom though and I will go back. Shhhh...don't tell my boss. I am also glad to be back on a regular schedule. It really makes life much easier. I have the perfect blend of time at work and time at home. Most days I am home by 3 p.m. Tonight is a great example: work, play, nap (me), dinner, library, grocery store, TV, storytime, and bed. It isn't always like this, but when it happens life is good.
Last night John-John discovered how to do a headstand on the living room chair. Even he learned something on the first day of school. What a goof!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

What are you putting in that sippy cup? :)