Monday, September 22, 2008

Oh, What a Glorious Weekend!

This past weekend we finally got to go on much needed vacation to Marquette. Our dear friends (and John-John's Godparents) Brian and Lara and 12 week old Evelyn live in Gwinn just south of Marquette. We arrived about 6:30 Friday night. On Saturday, we spent most of the day resting, and catching up. That evening we actually headed into Marquette to have dinner at Vangos. Gyros and waffles fries - YUM! We then took a stroll down memory lane and headed to campus. We even got to go into our old dorms (um..I mean..Residence Halls). Holy Flashbacks!!!!!! John's old hall has been completely remodeled so it was very bittersweet for him. For some reason I didn't remember the halls being so quiet on a Saturday night. Hmmmm. I wonder where John-John will live? Is that a bit presumptuous?

Door signs for 2 roommates in Payne Hall. A sign?

On Sunday, everyone needed extra sleep so John-John and I headed back into MQT and had breakfast at the Sweetwater Cafe. It was a wonderful toddler date.



Next it was off to lower harbor to let little man play on the incredible playground. Finally, we headed to the cove at Presque Isle and JJ threw rocks.



It was a wonderful morning. The rest of the day was for napping and dinner.
We left around 9 a.m. on Monday to hit the bookstore on campus and then go home. John-John was asleep on the way up when we reached the Mackinaw Bridge but he got to see it on the way home. The look on his face when he saw the "Big, Big, Bridge" was priceless!"

2 comments:

Lara said...

I absolutely love the rock throwing video! Wish I could have been awake enough to be in Mqt with the two of you!

Our weekend was too short, as usual! Can't wait until our next visit here or there!

Love you guys!

Jackie Derocher said...

What, no stone skipping . . . mom, you gotta teach your boy to skip stones on the water. :-)

Jackie