So I saw my sister this evening for the first time in quite a while and one of her first comment, "I can't believe you haven't blogged about Thomas the Train!" All of this harassment while John-John was trying to climb across the table at McDonald's. So for my sister and the rest of my friends and family out there, here's an update.
On August 16th, 11 family and friends ventured to Crossroads Village/Huckleberry Railroad to see THE Thomas the Train. It was a wonderful day. We left around 2 p.m. with the hopes that JJ would nap. NOT SO MUCH! Still, he was great. Once we go there we wondered around and he got his picture taken with Sir Topam Hat, Percy the Tank Engine, and Bob the Builder. He also got to jump inside a huge blowup Thomas the Train. Then came the train ride. He kept saying over and over,"Go ride Thomas, Annie and Clarabel." We had a 10 minute wait before the train departed. He was so excited he could barely contain himself. The minute train left his eyes became as big as saucers and you could just see the awe and wonder on his face. After about 10 minutes, he was sound ASLEEP! Yep, I wrote that correctly. He was out! So for the remainder of the 40 minute trip we listen to Thomas songs while he slept soundly on my lap. He was still asleep when we left the train. 15 minutes later he woke and said "More Thomas, Annie and Clarabel!" Ahhhh...adventures with a 2 year old. Still, it was a great way to spend a day.
On a different note, I spent Wednesday - Saturday of last week in Louisville, KY at the Assessment Institute put on my Solution Tree. It was an incredible conference. There is great research out there on making systemic change within a school district. Unfortunately, it is difficult to wait for that change. Patience is not my strong suit. Some of the presenters included Dr. Douglas Reeves, Dr. Thomas Gusky, and Larry Ainsworth. If you are not in education, these names may not mean much, but if you are you know how impressive these people are. I went with two dynamite women from my district and we are anxious to share all the powerful information we learned. Oh...we also did plenty of shopping and ate quite well:)
Today was the first contractual day back to work. Today and tomorrow are just for teachers and getting ready for the students. It always so good to see everyone and catch up.
This weekend I will be painting JJ's new room. I will post pictures once I get it done.
OK Carrie. Are you pacified?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'd love to do some pictures for you guys! Especially after the new little one comes!!! I'm so excited to see you guys again. Hopefully it will be soon.
Thank you Julie. I appreciate the update very much. Unfortunately, I should not harass you so much about updating your blog because I never seem to find the time to update my own. Oops! It was great having dinner with you and John-John the other night. Oh, and I was right… Jim didn't even know we were at his game. It is a good thing I could remember a few plays to prove to him that we were there.
Post a Comment