Shortly after wrapping up work for the year, we headed to Marquette for 6 days. Our first stop, however was Great Wolf Lodge in Traverse City. I was there a few weeks ago for a conference but the family did not come along. So before heading to the U.P. we went for one night. The Vogel Family went with us. Mati and Ellery are the girls that come to our house during the school year. We had a fantastic time. Last year when we went John-John screamed for the first hour because he did not want to go in the water. This year he went on biggest, fastest water slides they had. It was so much fun. Jame enjoyed several turns on the lazy river with me. He loved the water. It is good thing we start swim lessons tomorrow.
After Great Wolf Lodge, we headed to the U.P. You will soon notice that there are not many pictures. That is because our trip did not go as expected. James did not travel well and eventually the crying go to John-John so he started crying and screaming for James to stop. We also discovered that James is a very talkative sleeper. In fact, it is how he puts himself to sleep. That is fine as long as you are not sharing a room with him. My summer time babysitter went with us, but unfortunately the boys were so difficult it was hard to get out and really do much. Well, lesson learned. Keep distance to a minimum as well as time from home.
On a positive note, we got to spend time with our great friends Brian and Lara and their daughter Evelyn. She just turned 1 so I am sure that next year all three of the kids will have a wonderful time running around and getting into minor trouble:) My parents also joined us for a few days. They have a friend in Marquette who rents kayaks so we were able to kayak down at lower harbor. It is quite an experience to get up close and personal with an ore dock. I forgot my camera so as soon as I can get get pics from Lara, I will post them.
1 comment:
I want to go to G.W.L. It looks like a blast.
Post a Comment