Monday, May 4, 2009
Keeping Up...Or Not!
My goal when I started a blog was to post at least once a week. Now it is more like feast or famine. So what is going on in the Milewski household?
Well...James is as cute as ever. He spends lots of times playing with his hands. He loves to suck on them. He is also very close to rolling over from back to stomach. He just has to figure out what to do with the arm that gets caught underneath him when he's on his side. He is sleeping much better. He goes to bed at 8 p.m, eats at 3 a.m. and wakes again at 8 a.m. I'll take it. He is finally getting to spend some time outside. The other day he got his first feel of grass. He seemed quite comfortable with the strange, new feeling. Even James has had a chance to play on the new swing set.
Speaking of swing set, guess what Grandpa Meinecke and daddy built for the boys? Yep! One sweet swing set. Nothing like the aluminum one we had as kids that would almost tip over if you swung too high:) This has 2 swings, a slide, monkey bars and a climbing wall up to to the playhouse. Even the rain didn't keep them from getting it built. We are still trying to get the mulch down. Tonight we were laying down the landscaping fabric and John-John was trying to help. As he was pulling on the roll of fabric up a small hill, he said, "Oh crap!" Ooops! Mommy needs to be a little more careful.
Finally...life in general is busier than I ever expected. Two kids is NOT twice the work. I now have greater appreciation for my mom and all moms everywhere. A friend of mine has convinced me to run a 5K in July. It is very hard work, but it is the best I have felt in months. It is time for myself and I am enjoying the challenge. "I will be a runner! I will be a runner!"
Now that spring is here, we can finally get out side and spend time with friends. Below are pictures from a gathering a friend's house a couple weeks ago. It was a wonderful evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OMG! Can't believe the changes in both of the boys!
And so great that you are training for a 5K--keep it up, Jules, and you WILL be a runner!
I'm really looking forward to seeing all of you this weekend!
Love & Hugs to all!
Post a Comment