Wednesday, April 8, 2009

4 Months and Other Stuff

Tomorrow, James will be 4 months old. I just can't get over how fast time is flying. In just a few short months he will be eating solid foods. With John-John, time didn't seem to go by as fast. One big difference is that I don't have the time to read my baby book about what to expect each month. James is now rolling over from his stomach to his back and working on back to stomach. It really surprised me the first time he did it. I just wasn't expecting it. I was gone when JJ rolled over for the first time.


James has relapsed in his sleep pattern. Lately, he has been getting up every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. UUUUGH! I am spending my spring break getting him back on a schedule. I was so much more strict with JJ. It is just so easy to nurse James back to sleep instead of letting him soothe himself. I didn't have that luxury with John-John. It's a good thing he is so darn cute. Look at this smile.


This past month has been especially difficult. I finally went to see my doctor and we quickly determined that I am struggling with postpartum depression. I wasn't sleeping and having anxiety attacks in the middle of the night. The medication is now helping and I have a lot more energy dispite James waking so often in the night.
I am quite anxious for warmer weather. When the weather is nice, I like nothing better than to go for a walk with the boys. My mom and dad came out this week and we picked out a swing set for the boys. Dad is going to stain it and then work with John to assemble it. I love our nearby park, but we have to cross M-21. Now all I have to do is train the dog to do his business elsewhere in the yard.

John-John sneaking some time in the sandbox.

James trying to show up his big brother as to who can hold
their head up longer.

James won the contest!

John-John took this picture of his crazy Aunt Carrie

No comments: