Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Oh What a Day

First off...today was a wonderful day because I was able to witness the turning point in American history with the inauguration of President Barack Obama. I remember hearing his speech during the Democratic Convention in 2004 and being wowed by this little known Senatorial Candidate from Illinois. I was taken aback by his charisma, command of the podium, and dream for the future. He has a tough road ahead of him, but I feel confident he will do great things.
Second...I went back to work today. I was sad to leave James but happy to see my co-workers/friends. They are an amazing group to work with. I am also glad to have some structure back in my life even if it means getting only 4 hours of sleep.
Finally, 9 years ago today, John proposed to me during our wine tasting class at the B.O.B. in Grand Rapids. Someday I will relay the entire story, but my life has never been the same and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I wonder if he'll always be this serious.

I wonder if he'll always be this goofy?

Diane with Ellery and James. We love you Di!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I love all of the pictures. Thanks for dinner again last night. It was nice to hang out again. Love you!

elizabeth said...

what a sweet picture of di & the babies. wow, what a mini-matilyn! i've never seen it until that picture.