On July 11, 2008, John and I headed to Colorado for a mini-vacation and the Excelsior conference in Denver. It was a fantastic 7 days (9 for John since he had to attend more training.) We flew into Denver and from there drove the rental car (a Subaru of course) to Estes Park. Now it is important to know that I had no idea where we were going. John wanted to make sure it was a surprise. I have to ask for forgiveness for the number of times I took the Lord's name in vain as we drove into the mountains. "Oh my God!" was the phrase I used quite often to explain the phenomenal views. John reserved a chalet just on the outskirts of Estes. It had a log bed and wood burning fireplace. My husband knows me so well. We could even hike out our back door and hear the stream across the road. On Saturday, we hiked six miles to Fern Falls. It was a beautiful day and the views were incredible. On Sunday, we headed in to Boulder on our way to Denver. What a great city. We were more than willing to let ourselves get lost and explore. Found some wonderful sites. The rest of the week was devoted to attending the conference but we did find time to drive down to Colorado Springs and climb Seven Falls. 224 steps. Ugh!!!!!! By the way, the hotel we stayed in was called the Curtis Hotel. It was a hilarious place to stay. We stayed on the "Big Hair" floor. Marge Simpson greeted us each time we got off the elevator. Check in out at http://www.thecurtis.com
By the way, I have to mention that I am quite nervous for my doctor's appointment on Monday for fear of the weight I gained due to all the great meals.
I do have to say that we missed John-John terribly even though he was in good hands with the multitude of people who came to stay with him. Thank you Carrie, Grandma Milewski, Grandma and Grandpa Meinecke, Wes and Di. We will get around to un-spoiling him in a few days.
By the way, I have to mention that I am quite nervous for my doctor's appointment on Monday for fear of the weight I gained due to all the great meals.
I do have to say that we missed John-John terribly even though he was in good hands with the multitude of people who came to stay with him. Thank you Carrie, Grandma Milewski, Grandma and Grandpa Meinecke, Wes and Di. We will get around to un-spoiling him in a few days.
Welcome to Estes!









No comments:
Post a Comment