Saturday, February 9, 2008

Entertainment



If you have ever met an almost 2 year old, you will understand this post. As many of you know, we have received a lot of snow here in the Great Lakes State. Over a foot of snow on top of an inch of ice has fallen in the past 4 days. We Ionians have also had 5 snow days in two weeks. That means time at home with John-John. Now don't get me wrong...my son rules! However, you can only watch so many hours of Thomas the Train and Bob the Builder before insanity sets in and the themes songs become imbedded into your brain forever. I am proud that my son has mastered the art of going up and down his slide, but unfortunately my butt is too big to enjoy the same excitement. Therefore, it is important to be creative with play time in order to keep the men with white jackets from taking me on a mini "vacation". I have posted a few pictures to give you an idea of our days. If you have any other ideas for activities, preferably those that will cause lengthened nap times, I am all ears.

By the way, my dear friend Diane (aka John-John's caregiver) and her husband are in Florida right now and they think it is great fun to call me daily with weather updates. Unfortunately, this is a public blog and I am sure the profanity I have mumbled under my breath is forbidden for publication.

Happy shoveling!!!





















"Not funny, MOM!"


Yes! That is a Patagonia snow suit that my mother-in-law found at Goodwill for $10 with the tags still on it.

Saturday afternoon in the Ionia Middle School Gym!



















Ready? Set? Go!

3 comments:

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie said...

Dude, that ball is twice the height of John-John. How come I wsa not invited to play with you guys?

Shirlene Wuepper said...

Wow! You do have a lot of snow. I thought we Wyandotter's had a lot.
I quess I better quit my complaining. Five snow days in two weeks is a lot. But just think of all the fun time you have had with John John! HeHe!!!! Love you