Sunday, March 15, 2009

Generations

I received a book in the mail on Friday; The Lumberjacks Daughter by Grace McAllister Meinecke. She is my grandmother. Holy Cow! My grandmother wrote a book. At 80 years of age, this incredible woman went back to school to take a writing class so she could write a book about her life. It is the story of a girl growing up during the depression in northern Michigan. She overcame remarkable odds to earn her teaching degree and eventually a master's in education from U of M. I am so proud of her and honored to read her story.

On another note, James turned 3 months last week. He weighed in at 11 lbs 11 oz and is 23 1/4 inches. He has more than doubled his birth weight. I didn't realize just how big he had grown until I laid him down on the exam table and he almost didn't fit width wide on the table. One of the biggest changes is the smiling. Instead of the random smile here and there, he is smiling large and often. Even for strangers. He is also "talking" more when playing. It is the most wonderful sound in the world.


John-John will be turning 3 in just a few short weeks. It is a good thing spring is springing because it has become quite difficult to contain all the energy a 3 year old possesses. Some his latest comments:

"Mommy you need to go to work."

"Why?", I say.

"So I can play on your computer!"

Another:
"Mommy I need to check my e-mail!"

Who is this child? Oh, wait...have you met his father?

1 comment:

Lara said...

Can't believe how big both James and John-John are getting! Give them both a hug and kiss from Aunt Lara--I miss them!

(I also can't believe how much James is starting to resemble John-John!)