Friday, June 20, 2008

Great Wolf Lodge

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week John, John-John, and I went to Great Wolf Lodge in Traverse City for the COMMIT Leadership Conference. I was one of the presenters and so once my presentations were done, I got to play with my family. It was also nice because all of the Ionia Public School administrators were there and many with their families. John-John loved running the halls and riding the elevator. I was overly anxious to go swimming with him. On Tuesday, once John-John got up from his nap, I quickly dressed him and off we went to the water park. BIG MISTAKE! John-John needs sufficient time to wake up and I was just so eager to play that he was quite cranky. It took over an hour before he would go in the water without screaming. Now to my credit, this place is HUGE and can quickly over stimulate a 2 year old. Finally, he saw some kids playing with water basketballs and so we started by letting him sit on the edge of the pool and throw the ball. Eventually he would let me take him into the water to get the ball. Towards the end, we floated through the lazy river in an inner-tube. The trip was a wonderful get-a-way.
Working his way into the pool.

My friend Kim with her boys Zach and Will

Learning to float on his back.

Chillin' on the lazy river!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

It looks like you guys had a great time at the Great Wolf Lodge. We may have to try and plan another fun weekend to go up there with Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Jim and Aunt Carrie.

I really wish I could have gone to the zoo with you guys. That looked like fun too.

Shelby said...

Hey Julie! Looks like you had tons of fun! Don't you love summer!?

I'm going to miss seeing you guys for the 4th. It's so weird that we aren't getting together. Guess we'll have to wait until Carrie's wedding!

In other news... I can't wait to have another baby around! My mentor teacher has a 6 month old, and I've had so much practice with him that I actually feel comfortable taking care of him. So, when the new Milewski is born, I will be more than happy to change a diaper or feed him or her for you! :) Miss you guys!