Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Spring Break 2008

It has been over a week since Spring Break ended and I am just now getting around to sharing it with the world. Oops.

John-John and I went to Bowling Green, KY to do some camping with our friends Di and Wes. Di watches JJ everyday and yet they still wanted to go on vacation together. Did I mention she is a saint? You will notice that John did not go. Camping is not his thing but sleeping in and staying up late is. It worked out well for everyone even though daddy was greatly missed.

On the way down, we stopped at the ginormous Bass Pro Shop. JJ loved the fish tank.

Once we arrived in Bowling Green, we stayed in a Kamping Kabin. Just enough rustic for a two year old. There were plenty of places to explore and fish to catch in the lake. He even got to feed the ducks.

One our second day down there, we went to Mammoth Cave. JJ was awesome. He let me carry him down 300 stairs into the main cavern. Fun for him; terrifying for Mommy. He was wonderful. I forgot to bring my camera, but a kind police officer from WI took pictures and is sending them to me. I will post them when they arrive.

On our third, day Mommy had a little slip and fall and dislocated her knee. Surgery is in the future, but more on that later. I stayed back to rest while Wes and Di took JJ to the Corvette Museum. HE LOVED THE "BIG RED RACE CARS!" His eyes were as big as race tires.

Finally we headed home and 8 hours later we were home in the comfort of our own beds and a clean bath. It was a wonderful vacation and John-John couldn't have been any better.



Sitt'n on the porch swing sipp'n sweet tea

BIG FISH!

John-John pointing out a really big fish at Bass Pro Shop

1 comment:

Shirlene Wuepper said...

Sounds like you had a great time with JJ. I'm with John though, Uncle Jeff and I would have passed on the camping trip also. What is it with the Meinecke kids and their knee's??????